Continuous research is the key to developing existing
technology or breaking new ground with newer concepts. The OpNeAR
Lab continuously explores new research areas/topics in the field
of Optical and Wireless Networks, and is currently involved in active research
of the following areas pertaining to Optical and Wireless Networks.
- All-Optical Network Architectures and Protocols.
- Photonic Slot Routing.
- Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- Wavelength Routing and Protection Switching.
- Network Optimization and Planning.
- Optical Networks in support of Next Generation Internet (NGI).
- Multi-hop, Multi-rate Optical Networks.
- Optical and High Speed Network Simulators.
- Performance Analysis of Computer Networks.
- Optical Networks for GRID computing.
- Sensor Networks.
- Cooperative Wireless Networks.
- Dynamic Allocation and Rapid Provisioning of Bandwidth.
- Testing by means of Networking Live Equipment.
- VoIP and Convergent Network in Telecommunications.
The newest concept developed at OpNeAR lab have been summarized in posters .
Concept and ideas are periodically exchanged and discussed within the OpNeAR group. The list of the Lab monthly presentations is available here .